Sunday, November 13, 2016

Trump: I've Proved That Social Media Has More Power Than TV Ads

President-elect Donald Trump says that social media enabled him to win the Presidency despite the millions of more dollars the Clinton campaign spent on TV ads:

From the 60 Minutes Interview which is set to air tonight after the football game:

LESLEY STAHL: are you going to be tweeting and whatever you’re upset about just put out there when you’re president?

DONALD TRUMP: So it’s a modern form of communication, between Face-- you know, Facebook and Twitter and I guess Instagram, I have 28 million people. 28 million--

LESLEY STAHL: So you are going to keep it up?

DONALD TRUMP: It’s a great form of communication. Now do I say I’ll give it up entirely and throw out, that’s a tremendous form-- I pick up-- I’m picking up now, I think I picked up yesterday 100,000 people. I’m not saying I love it, but it does get the word out. When you give me a bad story or when you give me an inaccurate story or when somebody other than you and another-- a network, or whatever, because of course, CBS would never do a thing like that right? I have a method of fighting back. That’s very tough--

LESLEY STAHL: But you’re going to do that as president?

DONALD TRUMP: I’m going to be very restrained, if I use it at all, I’m going to be very restrained. I find it tremendous. It’s a modern form of communication. There should be nothing we should be ashamed of. It’s-- it’s where it’s at. I do believe this, I really believe that-- the fact that I have such power in terms of numbers with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, et cetera, I think it helped me win all of these races where they’re spending much more money than I spent. And I won. I think that social media has more power than the money they spent, and I think maybe to a certain extent, I proved that.

The post Trump: I've Proved That Social Media Has More Power Than TV Ads appeared first on WebProNews.



from
http://www.webpronews.com/trump-ive-proved-social-media-power-tv-ads-2016-11/

No comments:

Post a Comment